Donnelly Bombay Potatoes
with Chicken Tikka Skewers, Pickled Red Onion & Flatbreads
- ½ Donnelly Bombay Potatoes
- Chicken Thigh, de-boned & de-skinned, x2
- ½ Small Red Onion, finely sliced, x1
- Juice of ½ Lime
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Vegetable Oil/Olive Oil, x2 tbsp
- Irish Atlantic Sea Salt flakes
- Mini Indian Flatbreads, x1
- Organic Irish Natural Yogurt, 4 tbsp
- Tikka Paste, 1 tbsp
- Mango Chutney, 2 tbsp
- Cut the thigh meat into chunks. Mix the chicken with the tikka paste, 2 tbsp of yogurt, lemon juice and a good pinch of salt. For best results, leave to marinade in a fridge for 24 hours. Alternatively, you can let the marinade work for 30 minutes.
- Finely slice the red onion and toss well in the lime juice. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and thoroughly mix. Leave overnight or for around 30 minutes. The colour should change to a bright and vibrant pink.
- The next day, remove the chicken and pickled onion from fridge and leave aside.
- Pre-heat a fan-assisted oven to 190 degrees Celsius and put the Donnelly Bombay Potatoes in, leaving the spinach and raita yogurt dip aside. Cook for around 25 – 30 minutes.
- While the Bombay Potatoes are cooking, heat up a grill/frying pan and drizzle over some 2 tbsp of vegetable oil/olive oil.
- Take the chunks of chicken out of the marinade and carefully skewer them. You should have enough to make two skewers.
- Place both chicken tikka skewers onto the grill and cook for around 10 minutes, turning regularly to ensure the meat cooks through evenly.
- Once the Bombay Potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven, stir through the spinach and drizzle with raita.
- Heat up your wraps in the microwave until soft and warm.
- Place a tbsp of mango chutney and 1 tbsp of yogurt on each wrap, spreading all around the wrap.
- Place the now cooked chicken skewers on top.
- Sprinkle over the pickled red onion, roll up the wrap and enjoy!