Donnelly Caesar Salad
with Pan-Fried Chicken and Bacon
- ½ Donnelly Caesar Salad Kit
- Free-Range Chicken Breast
- Free-Range, Smoked Streaky Bacon, x3
- Thyme, just a sprig
- Garlic, 1 or 2 cloves peeled
- Good Quality Olive Oil, x2 tbsp
- Place a heavy-based frying pan with the x2 tbsp olive oil onto a medium heat.
- Gently crush the garlic with the back of a knife and place it into the pan with the thyme.
- Place the chicken breast into the pan and gently fry on a low-medium heat for around 7 minutes on the first side. Once the chicken is turned, add your streaky bacon to the pan. Turn the heat up slightly and cook for an additional 7 minutes, turning the bacon once. At this point the outside of the chicken should be caramelised and the inside juicy. Note: If the chicken cooks before the bacon, you can take it out and allow the bacon to crisp up a little more by itself.
- Once the chicken and bacon slices are cooked, remove them from the pan.
- Leave the chicken resting on a chopping board and place the bacon on clean kitchen roll while you arrange the rest of the salad.
- Place the baby gem leaves on a plate or chopping board and sprinkle over ½ of the croutons.
- Break the streaky bacon slices in half and place around the leaves.
- Slice the chicken breast and arrange with the bacon.
- Finally, sprinkle over some of the parmesan and drizzle with the Donnelly Caesar Dressing.